About This Blog: As the title says, this blog is for you. It’s filled with messages to you. How you use the messages is, well, up to you. They could be messages of encouragement, hope, comfort, even healing or they could be prompts for writing, meditating, contemplating, studying, even debating.
You may be wondering who the messages are from. These words to you are from God. So is this God’s Blog? No, don’t be silly. God doesn’t have the time to blog.
Our world is changing. Information is literally at the tips of your fingers and so is the word of God. Times change, but His words do not. Kingdoms rise and fall. Governments succeed and fail. Technology advances and recedes: Snail Mail gave way to email which gave way to texting. Through it all, God’s words remain fixed. “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away” (Matthew 24:35 NIV).
Intended Audience: Anyone and everyone.
An eternity in heaven!
Varies depending on person –but the sooner you enter the better!
Admit you sin (“…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” [Romans 3:23NIV]).
Realize the consequences of sin (“For the wages of sin is death…” [Romans 6:23 NIV]).
Accept that Jesus died to save you (“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” [Romans 5: 8 NIV]).
- Love with sincerity. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
- Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
- Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
- Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
- Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.
- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
- Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’ says the Lord.
- On the contrary: ‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.’
- Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
(Romans 12:9-21 NIV)
These are not required to win, but will enrich your life just the same.
I have to give credit to Pam at Encouragement for Christian Writers for the idea to use ‘You’ for my ‘Y’ post. She also pointed me in the direction of the scripture verses in Romans. I could have pulled scriptures from other books in the Bible but decided that each post in This Blog’s For You would be focused on one book from the Bible.
This was one of the more difficult blogs to write. However, I’ve been trying to fit in the giveaway aspect of blogging through the entire challenge and I think it works here. Or maybe it doesn’t; you tell me! This is a blog for you after all!